Sunday, February 21, 2016

Spring

I thought I'd be back before now...  but I just didn't feel like blogging.  After my gallbladder surgery on the 10th, first I spent a week in agony, then I couldn't think of anything to blog about.

I'm feeling better each day but still a lot of soreness in my belly.  I was glad to be back to work five days after my surgery.  Of course, sitting in an office doesn't take a lot of umph.   I just need to be careful about how I twist, turn and move around.

The first week I could only sleep on my back.  Tylenol was my friend.  Sleep was not.  A heavy, burning pain radiated through my gut and I wondered, was this surgery successful or did it leave me worse off than before?  About a week out the pain slowly but steadily became less and less.

A couple more weeks and I should be back to normal.  Heres to time and healing!

Spring is next month.  I'm ready.  How about you?


4 comments:

  1. It, along with hip/knee replacements, are the most popular of the surgeries I transcribe. I never thought of the recovery period afterwards; lets hope each and every day gets you feeling back to completely normal :) We have had spring like even summer like weather here for the past week or so, so can't complain too much :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healing does take time. Dancing the Twist is not recommended. By summer, you will have forgotten all about it.
    In a little over a week, the March winds will be heralding spring. It hasn't been too bad - I can wait, it will hold off the heat of summer that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel much better by now. It's March and spring will come real soon. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is everything OK over there? No posts from you or Gracie for a while.

    ReplyDelete