Sunday, February 7, 2016

Celebration!

Last night my son and daughter-in-law took us to Wasabi  Sushi Japanese Restaurant for dinner.  It was fun and the food was great!

Jasper loved seeing them cook the food.   In preparation the chef would ignite a fire in front of us and whhoooosh the fire jumped high into the air and then the chef prepared the stir fry of rice, veggies, chicken and shrimp.   He would then go around the bar filling our plates with whatever it was that we ordered.  The finished product was so very tasty!



It was Jessica's birthday dinner, and so they brought out a big sparkler and a dessert with a candle in the middle.

No coffee for me in the AM till I go to the hospital and get some blood drawn.  Getting ready for gallbladder surgery on Wednesday.

I've been trying to stay away from junk food that makes me feel bad.  Cake is my weakness, so this was really hard to resist though:  Hostess Cupcakes (sold at an antique mart we visited on Friday) for only $2.50!!  What a deal!  And check out the sell by date on the bottom right hand corner.  Only five months out.  I know. Hard to pass up!








3 comments:

  1. I've never been to one of those places, it sounds like fun! I imagine the kids were impressed with the fire.

    Hostess Cupcakes ... bought at an antique mart ... (I'm thinking, "What? She bought vintage cupcakes?") You didn't buy them - or did you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear that you didn't buy the cupcakes. You probably could have and they would still be 'good' because they put so much preservatives in them, but ew, just the thought! LOL!

      Delete
  2. It is always fun to go to a restaurant like that and watch the kids enjoy the show :) Ick on the surgery; hope all goes well with it! (that and knee or hip replacements seem to be the most frequent surgeries I transcribe)

    betty

    ReplyDelete